Thursday, February 18, 2010

GeT a LiFe!!!

How does it feel when someone comes up to you and say that you were the source of inspiration for him/her to do something? You feel nice, amazing, overwhelmed on hearing that people are following your foot steps. Well that is what most of the people around me behave on being at the receiving side (being referred to as a role model that is). But not me for sure. What I can’t understand is that why do people actually wait to get influenced by others to do something? Why can’t they explore things around them and try out those things on their own? It pisses me off big time, when someone tells me that they started doing something because of me. I listen to some particular music/singer because that makes me hum along with it, I like visiting monuments because I am curious to know about the history (who knows I might just get to know about my past too ;)), I like reading because reading stories takes me into a different world all together, I like watching movies because I like watching drama (and having popcorns ;)) and I like writing blogs because I just like it. The same might not work for the other person. But there is a breed doesn’t bother to think and just start doing it because they saw some one doing it and found him/her cool, intellectual..whatever!!. Getting influenced or making an impact onto one's life with my ideologies aint my cup of tea. Neither do I appreciate it. Individuality is what that matters. Doing what you believe in, identify with - should hold the utmost priority. People would keep coming into your life, keep influencing you now and then and make you drift and shift away from what you had set out to do..unless and until you refuse to take your stand.

Think over this, whether you still want to influence people or get influenced by them but don't get influenced, even a bit, by what ever I had written ;).

1 comment:

Sachin Arya said...

It has a lot to do with upbringing and conditioning... Our school, parents, elder people all are to blame for this...We are never told to 'think' on our own...We are just told to follow...and thats what we are - bunch of followers...Some fortunate people get the space to think, be creative, experimentative and make mistakes..and they become the leader of the pack in no time (Is that you? ;)..)

That reminds me, as a person, we are afraid of making mistakes and its embedded in us, that failure is bad. That is why we try to learn from other's experiences and in the process forgetting what our capabilities are.
For me, Being a Wannabe! is related to lack of confidence on ourselves and our abilities. Sooner we understand that we need to take control of our lives, faster we realize our potential. Don't worry, you are on track and you back yourself with good confidence. Keep it up..