Tuesday, May 24, 2011

a love without any reason!!


She is making big leaps. Saloma is growing up. She is now 31 days old but looks as if my life knows her really well.
It appears as if she had always been a part of me and I dread the day she would leave Delhi, only to leave an abyss so surreal.
Children are like that. There is not even a single way that would suggest you not to love them. This is what people say about their children, but how true is it for the other children not belonging to their clan.
Will one love them the same way they would love their children? Will that love be and pure not touched upon by negative traits of a human being?
Having no Ph.D. in motherhood, I asked a few ladies of what they feel. Many were of the belief that it’s always special to have your own child. If you don’t get the wrecking aches, the love just cannot stay alive. The initial gestation period; synonym with pukes and the final hurdle synonym with intense pain, just adds on to the love for your own child.
As per them, it’s the blood running in the veins of the child that matters. If it’s yours, then that’s more than enough for love to blossom.
So the blood relationship matters, but what about their husbands. Do they marry their own cousin or brothers? They obviously don’t. But still they love them. So whatever factor guides their love, blood relation definitely does not appear in the picture in this case. But I still fail to understand why do the rules change for children?
I am no mother myself, but still I do love kids. A mother’s views and idea of love for her child is completely alien to me.
To me children are a means to the feel nirvana. There is nothing better that seeing them grow every day.
I love Saloma, not because she is my sister’s daughter but because she is the first child I am seeing from such a close quarter. I drool over her every time she gets up and makes faces to suggest that she is hungry.
The way she wakes up by punching her left hand up in the air, shouting out loud that she is a superman, is a to-die for expression. She pees on my shirt, she shits on my lap, and she vomits one on the whole of me, only to make my love for her deeper. I sing a song for her and she stops crying. I make faces for her and she starts smiling. She does not know who I am but makes me feel important. As a matter of the fact she makes everyone feel important. And I just hope that she remains this way and not start counting the blood relations as a measure of factoring her love.

2 comments:

ethereal said...

hey gun u hav put forward ur emotions so superbly...nd its true dat every child is special whether ones own or otherwise..nothing can be more pure dan a child's smile ...nd MLTR's song fits in perfectly here.;)...
..dats one reason y i cover u sleepin child...:)...

robs002 said...

Hey.. just read ur blogs...touched by the way u pen down ur emotions... keep it up...:)