Thursday, May 20, 2010

you were a whiff of air


the story started something like this
from the top of a cliff,
standing there, looking at the world beneath
everything gave me a notion of it being swift.

may be that was my ignorance to the world
that was standing right there in front of me,
or my very own self indulgent world
that was more than enough to suffice me.

a sudden rush of wind brushed past my ears
tried hard to whisper what I couldn't hear,
perturbed by its unexpected emergence and hustle
there was a strong feeling of an upcoming tussle.

the stronger it became with each passing second
the better I could make its presence reckon,
feeling its every brush with my hair
I wondered whether it was actually for real.

sometimes it was fierce, cold and strong
sometimes it was tender, velvety and soft,
sometimes I loathed its fierce temperament
sometimes I feared its predicament.

seconds passes by, minutes died a slow death
hours lasted till the eternity's final breath,
with every passing moment that it was there
I could feel a whiff of pleasant air.

but then all in the while that it subsisted
I couldn't think of its non existence,
and then when finally I stand there again
I get a sudden rush of feeling that was sane!!

1 comment:

Joshua Cherian Varughese said...

hey..its good...yet anther post modern wrter...good...lik to think that ur a dreamer too...good piece...bt one thing...i'm sure its not abt nothng...it mus b somethn that happ in ur life and thn u sddnly mis it???...i dun think i can actually ask that question now...soooo....shush Joshua!!!...rite??? hehehe...bi bi